Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11 - A Happy New Year


Today is the 1st day of the rest of my life! 2011 has arrived! How do I feel? Well, this is a bitter-sweet moment for me. Bitter, because I lost my grandmother and aunt in the last weeks of 2010 , and they are not here in the physical being with my family and I to embark on this new year. Sweet, because it is a new year! New hopes, new dreams, new goals, new blessings, new opportunities, new smiles, new laughs, new travels, new life.




Thank you God for allowing me the blessing of living through another 365 day cycle. Thank you. I ask that you continue to bless my mom and my sister in their speedy recoveries. Thank you for sparing their lives. God, I ask that you further bless my family and keep them in your Will. Bring us all closer, The Whites, The Amos', The Palmers, The Griffins and The Brooks'. Grant us safety, healthy lives and peace of mind for another year. You, God, are the Master of everyone's steps.
Bless my father and thank you God for bringing him closer in our space and allowing him to share his bigger than life spirit with my mom, Mala, Lewis Essic and I. Its great to have my family together!
And God, only you know when it is time for me to return to Egypt, so use me, my mind, my hands, my words, my spirit, my talents, my laughter and my presence to aid in the physical, psychological and emotional healing of my mother and sister. And once my work is done here, Lord, in your name, return me to Cairo fulfilled with pure academic genius to complete my master's studies.
Lord, bless my bff, Nicky, Nadia and Erica, my closes friends, new friends and colleagues both here stateside and abroad.

I'm sending a special prayer to my Uncle Rocky, Uncle Danny and Uncle Jesse. Bless them all.

I ask all of these blessings and prayers in your name, Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment